Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Ocean Dive

This morning I woke up bright and early at 6 a.m. to get to the dive shop before 7:30.  Unfortunately, as I turned my shower on, I realized the agua was M.I.A.  And it hasn't showed back up since, which means I don't have to wash dishes! Yay!  So after another 15 minutes snoozing in bed I was on my way.

Working in a dive shop with so many people (about 15 working at different times) is bound to be hectic but obviously the language barrier makes a fun extra little twist.

Once everything was on the boats and sorted though, it was pretty stress free.  I was a bit nervous going to brand new dive sites (and having to wear two layers of six mm wetsuits GROSS).  But I was pumped.

The first dive I will admit, was less the inspiring.  The visibility was majorly lacking and i was having a bit of mask and fin issues.  I did spy a bump head parrot fish out in the murk!

The second dive was freaking AWESOME though.  It was located at Land's End which is the bit of rock at the very end past the Lover's Arc (picture any post card from Cabo).   We spotted a flight of rays, a ton of torpedo rays and at least 3 guitar shark.

Apparently a hurricane just hit a bit offshore which is why the visibility is so whack.  It's also supposed to get warm enough to dive in shorts!

After work I headed to the beach to work on my tan and read some Game of Thrones (nerd alert).  After a couple dips in the ocean I headed back home where I was greeted with an invite to a bonfire tonight.  

My neighbors and their friends are all awesome and super outgoing, two of them even know a friend from my GVI trip!  I have a feeling I'm going to be making some great friends here.  We all have such similar lifestyles it's insane, and it will be good to have people to hike and camp with.  Well, I'm exhausted!  But before I go, I decided each blog I'll try and find one interesting "Mexico" factoid & do a marine animal spotlight from my dive.  I'm too tired for the spotlight tonight but ....

MEXICO FACT 1:
In Cabo, you don't get parking tickets, they just take of your liscense plates if you're illegally parked.  To get them back you have to go to the police station and dig through a pile to find them, then pay the fine.


Besos!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment