I haven't been diving as much as I had hoped. My main job is clearly recruiting people to take out on Resort Courses - $115 dives for people who have never been diving before. It's not too bad of course because I sit in awesome resort pools and talk to people from all over, but I'm itching to get into the sea && hopefully with some certified experienced divers! I really want to be able to explore the area some more and get some good GoPro footage rather then just filming customers.
The sea has been heating up a bit though thankfully! Visibility has been improving as well. September/October is supposed to be when it get's stunning & I can't wait! Whale sharks also begin making their appearance in La Paz around that time. My first chance I'll definitely be hoping onto a snorkel boat, whether it's as a guest or an employee to swim with some of those guys. I never had a chance to see one so it's high up on my Cabo bucket list.
I also got paid for my first two weeks. While the pay is less then half I made the last couple summers working at Bremerton Yacht Club teaching sailing, I'm pretty happy. I've already made enough to cover rent and bills for this month & for food and adult beverages I can easily buy using my tips from each day. Plus, walking back from the dive shop all I could think was that I already had everything I needed. I live in a stunning area, spend all my time doing things I love and am getting a killer tan. The only thing I really could ask for is dive gear, a nice underwater camera & maybe a plane ticket to see Tom, guess I'll have to get saving!
I'll try to upload pictures soon, the internet in my apartment is a bit slow, but for now here's an image from my commute to work!
xx
Sara

No comments:
Post a Comment